Thursday, August 16, 2007

Title: An Auntie Act

Mood:
>.<

Story:
I like to share this small incident with you which I feel like burying my head in the ground like an ostrich will do.

It all started when I saw this lovely pouch at Jurong Point Basement Pushcart. It has a few designs with different flowery designs. It's so sweet that I fall in love with it at first sight. Haha. The auntie approached me and said,

"啊, 有很多designs的,这个(holding at one of the pouches)已经是最后一个了"

I nodded to the auntie and said "ok". Then she told me the new ones are over at the side and what I'm looking at is the display set only.

After contemplating for some time with my sis, we decided to buy 3 pouches with different flowery designs each. 1 for myself, 1 for my sis and 1 for my friend (I had promised her to give her a pouch if I came across a nice one).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I approached auntie and asked, "Auntie, 我要买三个, 有折扣吗?"

And the next thing auntie said, "Aiyoh, 小妹好心你啦!, 我已经卖的很便宜了, 还要折扣!"

Somemore, the way auntie said it was so sarcastic, it made me even more embarrased. A young lady who's asking "DISCOUNT!" from an auntie who in return critisize me!

My expression to her was giving a very nice smile but in my mind I was quite embarrassed by it. I felt very auntie at that very moment.

After that, I told the auntie that we wanted the 3. I even "self-help" myself to take the scissors and cut the string off the display stand. (I don't really mind actually)

After that she packed the items for us in a plastic bag. She said, "哇, 买三个啊, 三剑客 (Three musketeers)" =.= I really take my hat off her, she really has alot to comment right? I just gave her a smiling face, haha, yeah, haha.

好学不学, 去学auntie BARGAIN, and this is what I get. Hah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please remove my livejournal link the soonest. I want it discreet.